Friday, October 2, 2009

The Weekend

I've been crazy busy this week.
CRA-ZY.
Tonight is the fall festival at the kids' school and I volunteered to do a few things to prepare for it.
Plus we sold raffle tickets.
But my part is now complete. I handed over the baked and properly packaged million cookies this morning and turned in our final bunch of filled-out raffle tickets.
It's the only fundraiser of the year and it's kind of a big deal.
Parents are there all day long setting up and preparing. Hours and hours of time and effort go into it. I feel like I should have done more, but this is all I could handle this week.
So fall festival-CHECK.

I am leaving at 3:30 after I pick up the kids from school. Plan on having the car packed with their stuff and gassed up, ready to go. Dropping them off at my sister's for the weekend and leaving my car with them. Then I will be picked up by some friends and we are heading down to Kansas City for a couple days to craft our little hearts out.
I just loaded up all my stuff (sewing machine and all!) in Amy's car so we don't have to transfer it over in a parking lot in Des Moines.
So packing for ME-CHECK

Paul gets home tomorrow from Denver. He's been gone all week. (which may or may not be part of my high blood pressure today). I need to have the house ready to show just in case someone wants to look tomorrow.
So...house ready to show-ummmm....no check

Then Sunday we will all come back together. Finally. I hate being spread all over like this.

I'll be breathing a little easier once 3:30 arrives and we are on the road.
Many thanks to my sister and sean for watching all three of my kiddos...even while Jennie is scrambling to prepare for Tate's birthday party this weekend. Many many thanks.

1 comment:

Jennie Peakin said...

No thanks necessary! Thanks for LETTING us watch the kids...we can't wait!!! :)