Friday, October 16, 2009

And now some words...ok LOTS of words...maybe more than i've ever used a blog post before!

When I don't blog, I feel like the words get all jumbled in my head.
Blogging helps me sort them out and make sense of life that day.
So here are some of the words that are floating around in my head today....

ON THE WATER FRONT...
Lots going on.
The race is coming up.
I've been busting my butt to get the etsy shop up and running.
It's filling up slowly but surely! (only slowly because it takes me so long to list stuff! and there is LOTS of stuff).
I've been spending every spare minute trying to get it all organized and ready while also making sure we are staying on track with planning the big event at Geneva on Nov 22.
My lists are long and my brain is getting fuzzy.
I couldn't figure out how to spell fabric the other night. I thought something was really wrong with me for a minute.
But then it came to me. Whew! :)
My dad is going to Africa.
Yes, you read that right.
MY DAD.
With Jody.
Again, yes, you are reading that right.
I'm not sure how this all fell into place, but God knows.
And it's going to be an amazing trip for them.
They will be joining some charity: water staff in Liberia and getting a look at some of the water projects happening right now in Liberia.
My heart is racing even as I type that.
And to be completely honest, I am not only excited for them, I am sad sad sad for me.
I know, selfish.
But I can't help it.
I want to go! (did you read that like a 10 year old little girl? ok, good.)
I can't believe my dad and my friend will be getting on a plane together and traveling across an ocean to see lives being changed.
This is the one and only time I will discuss my sadness or jealousy!
Because truly, truly, truly, this is an amazing opportunity for him. And my parents have been BEYOND supportive of water from the get go. Fully sponsoring the Geneva event last year and this year and giving so much of their time and money to bring water to a little country in Africa.
So as sad as I am, I am ten million times more excited to hear back from them about how lives are being changed. To see pics and listen to stories.
And trust me, with Jody and Dad together in Africa, I am SURE there will be stories. Talk about an odd couple!
So there.
All updated on water.
Whew...I already feel a little lighter with those words out of my brain and into the computer.

ON THE HOME FRONT
House has now been on the market for 8.5 months.
And THAT is all I'm saying about that.

Midterms came home last week.
Kids are doing great in school. Lani appears to be adjusting must better than I expected. She's pretty independent and doesn't need lots of friends. She makes no requests for a friend birthday party. Only family. Becky told me the other day that Lani's going to be that girl that has one or two really close friends. And that's fine by me. She will be a great friend to a couple girls one day.

Brigg's midterm said, "Brigg is doing very well academically".
Ok.
Well that may imply that we have some work to do in some other areas. The line that said, "Listens attentively" was followed by a hand-written "not always". I showed him and he simply said, "But I DO listen attentively sometimes." Good Brigg. You always look on the bright side. Glass is half-FULL kind of kid.
He's so full of energy. Can barely sit down for a meal. Go go go. And then crashes hard at night. He's getting so grown up. I see pics of him and my heart skips. Not quite ready to let go of the hugs and kisses before heading into school for the day. But life moves forward.

Paul has been super busy with home inspections. Which is awesome! It took a year. I'm surprised it took that long, but I knew once the word got out how great he was, he'd be busy. He has 4 home inspections and 2 radon this week. Plus, he's looking into getting his pest inspection certification. He's finally happy in a job and that makes ME happy, too. Good stuff!

I'm not running the half marathon. And that's my FINAL ANSWER. Especially considering it is this weekend. Too much money, too much time, and I don't feel prepared. I hated running those long runs. Anything over 7 miles nearly killed me every time. So I thought to myself, "Why am I doing this?" And I didn't have an answer other than the fact that I'm just plain stubborn. So I let it go. And I'm good with it. I get a little pang when I think about it, but overall think it was the right decision.

So there you go.
That was looooong.
But now I can continue cleaning and posting items on etsy and planning my sister-in-law's baby shower and Lani's birthday (oct 27) and Ayla's birthday (nov 9) and helping to get my dad shipped off to Liberia.

Lots going on.
All of it good.
In the words of my dear friend, Lyn...
Life is good!

3 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

That is too funny that you wrote about being jealous. I hadn't verbalized it to anyone (besides Sean), but I was feeling the same way. Ridiculous I know, but I am sad that I can't experience what Dad is about to experience! Some day we will. I am so much more excited for him though and so proud that he is doing it...10 years ago, I wouldn't have thought in a MILLION years that he would do anything like this. It's amazing to see how God has worked in his life...we are blessed to call him Dad!

Eric and Pam said...

i'm jealous and i'm not even his kid. ;)

but really, how very cool!!! and i can't wait for the blog commentary from jody all along the way. this will be very entertaining.

oh yeah. and life-changing. and about water. but still, very entertaining.

Beckysblog said...

I think you can be jealous. I would be!
Its all so exciting!!!!!

and yes, this should be quite entertaining for us all to watch! ;)