Sunday, October 25, 2009

A day in the life of Cassie's brain...

The other day it was beautiful outside. I totally got into power cleaning mode. Moved furniture, dusted, scrubbed, cleaned out cupboards, etc.
When Paul got home he asked what happened.
I told him the weather put me in cleaning mode.
He simply asked "So where can we move that's it's 70 and sunny year round?"
Yes, I'm such a good homemaker....I know. You don't need to boost my ego anymore.

Question.
When the microwave goes off and beeps a few times, why does Ayla run in the kitchen yelling, "Supper ready?? Supper ready??"
I don't usually cook supper in the microwave.
I'm stumped. :)

We live in a 100 year-old home.
There are good things and bad things about living in a home that old.
As of today the bad are outweighing the good.
It was "remove screens and put in storm windows" day at our house.
Which tured into "Mommy and daddy, why do you keep fighting?" day.
And also, "Children, promise us you will NEVER buy and old house!" day.
Honestly.
It's so frustrating.

I have more, but I need to get to the store with the screaming, insane 2 year-old in my life.
I'm struggling with balance today.
Really really struggling...

2 comments:

Amy said...

So is it bad that this post makes me feel better about myself? At least I know I'm not alone. :)

Eric and Pam said...

i love your brain - it's so refreshingly HONEST! seriously. love it.