Thursday, October 1, 2009

And that, my friends, is how she rolls...

So Ayla potty trained herself.
I'm serious.
Call me lazy, but I had no desire to get this child potty trained for at least another 6 months or so.
She's not even 2 yet.
We are running around all the time and those first months after potty training call for lots of rest room stops. And they are usually pretty urgent.
So I had not even considered potty training yet. But yesterday she refused to wear a diaper.
Stripped down naked and would not keep a diaper on that little toosh for anything.
I figured I'd let her have an accident and then she's want a diaper back on, but nope. No accidents. She told me when she had to go.
I was shocked.
We have potty issues in this house.
Lots of potty issues.
But maybe, with any luck at all, she'll be the one who is simply potty trained and no accidents through the night. EVER.
We shall see.
But really, this is just how Ayla rolls.
If I had said, "Ayla, today we will be potty training. You will not wear a diaper all day long." She would have screamed and threw a fit until I put her in that diaper and probably would have made a pact in her mind to wear it until she was 5.
Oh Ayla.
What am I going to do with you?!?
(note: i am by no means claiming she is fully potty trained for life. but she has not had an accident yesterday OR today. i am still putting a diaper on her at naptime. we'll see if this is just a one day thing...)

5 comments:

Holly said...

what a fire-cracker ;-)

Beckysblog said...

Avery did that. It was awesome! But I kept thinking it was a fluke. And she was like 6 months older so that is just amazing.
I hope it sticks!

Jennie Peakin said...

This weekend might be interesting! We'll be fine though and maybe Ayla can even teach her cousin that is over 1 year older than her how to use the potty!!!! Seriously...Tate proablably IS going to be 5 when he gets potty trained!

Tisha said...

Yay Ayla!! You rock girlie!!

Lisa Borglum said...

Wow...she does have a determined little mind..
wonder where she gets that?!!?
side note... did you know that in China they potty train there kids as early as 6 months??