Thursday, October 8, 2009

Potty Update

I have found the best thing about potty training before age 2 is that there is no bribery involved. I remember doing sticker charts and hot wheel bribery with the other 2. Not this time. Ayla has no desire to receive any toys or stickers or anything. She is BEYOND excited with a sing-song voice and a good, old-fashioned high five! :)
I love it!
And she is doing great. No accidents. Period.
She tells me when she has to go.
And then she goes.
I was downstairs changing laundry yesterday and when I came up she was freaking out. She had gone all by herself. And she was so proud. I was a little less proud that she forgot to wipe OR flush. But we're getting there.
She's worn a pull up and naptime, but it's been dry for the past 2 days.
A diaper at night and she has needed it.
She's running around the house with no pants during the day and I have even ventured out with her to pick up the kids with only underwear on. She's done very well.
Pretty happy with the way it's going.
And truly, it's no thanks to me.

3 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

ugh. sorry, but that's how I feel. ugh.

she IS amazing!

Nana B said...

Way to go, Ayla! High 5 from Nana B

Tisha said...

We'll be embarking on that adventure again sometime very soon and I hope it goes exactly.like.that.
You're Ayla, she's amazing.