Saturday, October 24, 2009

Heading to the race...

In a few minutes I'm heading out to pick up our babysitter and then I'm going down to the riverfront to help with the race.
It's perfectly quiet in the house, yet I'm so very excited.
Excited to see all these people (about 175 registrants to be exact) coming together to show that they care. Care about mothers and childrens and fathers and families that they have never met and my never meet this side of heaven.
They care enough to get up on a cold cold Saturday morning in October in small town Iowa and run or walk 4 miles.
Care enough to plan and prepare for months to get this pulled off.
Care enough to put their time and money and effort where their mouths are and DO something.
It's great.
And I'm praying so hard this morning. For those who have planned and those who are showing up and most of all for those families we may never meet to feel it. To see it.
To know that we care.
That God cares.
That their lives matter to us.
And most of all that their lives matter to Him.
It's a big deal.
So honored to be a small part of this movement.
If you feel so inclined, I hope you'll be praying, too.
Race starts at 8:00am!
And I'm off!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

can't wait to read about it! i've been praying!!!

meg duerksen said...

wish i could be there!