Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kind words...

I read a blog that did a "kind words" challenge.
She posted these quotes today and I found them inspiring.
Love one another.
Be kind.
Never harsh.
Sometimes easier said than done.
Thought I'd share.
It's a good reminder for all...ME especially.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~Leo Buscaglia

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these. ~George Washington Carver

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people. ~Abraham Joshua Heschel

By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach. ~Winston Churchill

Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again. ~Og Mandino

1 comment:

Courtney said...

i LOVE those quotes! i'm stealing at least one...thanks for sharing!