Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm pretty sure this can't be happening...


My Lani.
There is no way she can be turning 6 today.
It's impossible.
It makes my heart ache to even think about it.

To our dear dear Lani,
Today you are turning 6. It seems like yesterday the doctor said, "It's a girl!" And my heart skipped. I didn't know how badly I wanted a girl until I looked into your eyes. I remember looking at your daddy and crying and I said, "I didn't know I wanted a girl! I'm SO happy!" And I was! With your arrival came a sea of pink into our lives. You've always loved pink. And princesses. And sparkly things. And all things pretty. But at the same time you love dirt and nature and bugs and earthworms. Never one to be afraid of getting dirty and helping mommy or daddy with chores.
You have the softest heart I have ever known. You are sensitive, yet independent. You are a complete opposite of your brother and sister. You are one of a kind.
And we are so blessed to call you ours.
We pray especially today that you find that true God-given gift in your heart and run with it. You are amazing. And we love you more than we can ever express in words.
Happy birthday Lani Lou...our little bug.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Beckysblog said...

Completely impossible!

Happy Birthday Lani!!!!!!

Lisa Borglum said...

I couldn't imagine a sweeter best friend for Macy. These little girls have blessed us beyond words! Happy, Happy Birthday Lani - we miss you!!! (If we put a slide show of all of their pictures together, how long do you think it would take to watch it? :)

Nana B said...

Happy Birthday, Lani!! You have brought so much joy to everyone who knows you. Your mom described you so well and yet we still can't put into words the special sweetness of you. We love you so, so much! Nana B

amy smith said...

happy birthday sweet girl...
we are so blessed to have you in our lives.

Candi said...

Happy Birthday sweet angel! My heart aches to think you are 6 already and I cannot stop the time. You are truly beautiful inside and out and you can warm me to the core in an instant with that beautiful sweet smile of yours. Have a wonderful day little Lou bug!! I love you beyond words!
Special birthday blessings & Prayers on this special day,
Nana S : )

Jennie Peakin said...

Happy Birthday Lou Lou! We love you more than words and are thinking about you today! I will never forget standing outside the delivery room when you were born and hearing "it's a girl" from behind the door. It makes me cry still! You are truly the sweetest little girl we have ever known and we are honored to call you our neice and cousin. Tate says, "Happy Birthday NayNay!"

Love,
Jennie, Sean and Tate

Courtney said...

that was just about the sweetest post ever. and i've read a lot of sweet posts. happy birthday, beautiful Lani!

Eric and Pam said...

happy birthday Lani!!! :) big hugs.

Tisha said...

It really was sweet. Gave me chills. BTW Cassie, do you ever sleep?

Allison said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Lani!! I hope you have a fun day! I can't believe it has been 6 years already. Are you sure Cassie?!?!

jody said...

happy birthday, lani.
love you.

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

Happy birthday Lani! We love you and miss you. Hope you have a great day!

Lisa Borglum said...

COME ON!! I know you are sitting on a pile of pictures. Stop editing and start posting!