Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Barnwood and a road trip

Paul and I have been looking for a big storage cabinet for quite some time. I check in the paper and on craigslist pretty regularly. And yesterday we came across one. To top it off, it is made with reused barnwood! (Paul has a love for old barnwood and has even claimed that one day he will tear down a barn and use the wood for all kinds of things...but until then, craigslist will have to do!)
So the cabinet was 1.5 hours away and we decided to make a family road trip out of it. We got a sub for the road and headed out around 5:00. By the time we got there, got the million pound thing loaded and headed back home, it was starting to get late.
And did I mention it may have been the windiest night of the year? It was INSANE. We pulled over a couple times to make sure everything was still covered and in there.
We got home safely and put the kids to bed way too late and then somehow got this thing in the house.
By this time it was nearly 11:00. But really, I hadn't showered and I felt dirty and tired and gross.
So I decided to primp. I rarely primp, but last night at 11:00 I primped. I took a bath, removed my toenail polish, shaved my legs, moisturized my skin, and even plucked my eyebrows.
And guess what...I truly feel better!
Got to bed around 11:45, which is actually pretty early considering how late I've been staying up the past 4 nights or so.
So it's a new day.
I'm clean, and a little less hairy. I'm drinking a cup of coffee, admiring my new barnboard cabinet and feeling pretty thankful.
It's a new day.
Hence a new attitude!
Plus, this weekend is our anniversary and that makes me a little nostalgic.

5 comments:

Beckysblog said...

This might be my most favorite post you've ever posted!

Heather said...

ahhh...barnboard. Greg tore down a barn a few years ago and we had all that wood stored in one of our buildings at the old house. yep, when we moved, it came with us. It IS extremely heavy! So, trailer load after trailer load of barnboard we hauled :) If you ever need some, I'm sure we've got a few boards to spare :)

Cassie said...

that's exciting!
if we ever sell this house and move, we may take you up on that offer! i have all kind of fun barn board ideas in my head! :)

Jennie Peakin said...

Why no picture of it?

Lisa Borglum said...

Ummm...to most people that is daily hygiene.. That is only primping to us.
I agree with Jennie...where are the pics?