Saturday, October 24, 2009

And now words

It was an awesome morning.
So neat.
It was COLD.
And pitch black when I woke up.
I was so excited to get down to the riverfront.
By the time I got there, most of the volunteers were already there, setting up.
There was a DJ and one of our local Sports stores setting up.
There were trays of snacks donated by bakers and boxes of bananas donated by Fareway.
It was so obvious how much work had gone into planning this event.
Brenda Mohr and Jodi Heth should get some serious pats on the back.
Allison and I were just past mile one and I was taking pics.
I cannot tell you the feeling I had as I saw the participants rounding the corner and coming towards us.
There was just an excitement in the air.
So many of them running with family members, co-workers, friends, dogs, neighbors.
So so awesome.
Some even made their own t-shirts.
And all of them got up on this chilly morning to show their support.
Nearly 200 people freezing, and smiling and caring.
It was a pretty incredible morning.
You can see more pics at Jody's site.
Big thanks to all who participated.
Big big thanks.
This is the kick-off to many more upcoming water events.
Water is flooding Muscatine in the best way.
And I love it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go gal! so impressive. wish i could have been there...maybe next year.