Friday, October 16, 2009

A story I forgot in my last post

So I was rushing around this morning trying to get the kids off to school.
They run out to the car and hop in.
I'm carrying Ayla.
I open her door and strap her in and then hop in the drivers seat and speed off.
We're driving through the part and I hear a clunk on top of the van.
I look at Brigg, who looks at Lani who looks at me.
I slow way down and I hear it go across the top of my van.
I thought we were being attacked by a grizzly bear.
Yes, in Iowa.
I know, I'm losing my mind.
Anyway, by this point I had come to a complete stop and I was honestly scared to get out and look at what it was. I was just sitting there, stopped in Weed Park.
And then I saw it.
My precious coffee with peppermint mocha creamer running down the windshield.
And I yelped!
When I went to strap Ayla in, I had set my coffee on top of the van and forgot to grab it before we drove off.
I have no brain function left, I swear.

5 comments:

Ry said...

cool i like you're scheme! haha! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Eric and Pam said...

sorry about that. i forgot to put my kid on a leash.

and now you know you have a full buller audience. ;)

steffany said...

I'm so glad it was just your coffee.
I hear the grizzly bears are rough in Iowa

LK said...

Well if it makes you feel any better I opened my door to get the paper and didn't see it so I called up the Startribune and told them that my paper wasn't delivered. I decide to make coffee while I waited for it, I hit start turn around and on the counter is my paper... yep opened the door put it on the counter and forgot!
Now you'll never let me babysit will you? ;)

meg duerksen said...

i have done that countless times.
one christmas we got those leap pad things for the kids...one hour after they opened them i set it on the hood and we drove off....yeah...not good.
so glad it was only coffee.
oh and i have run over three bikes!
geez.