Sunday, August 10, 2008

The weekend

It's been a great weekend. Lots of family time, lots of laughter. We have put a bit of a kabosh to the television these days. It's actually quite amazing to see how the kids are playing together better and fighting less. And since the TV has been off more, I have promised to keep my computer time to a minimum as well...turning my computer completely off for most of the day and just checking in a few times a day. If it's off, I don't feel the pull towards it. I started getting daily emails from http://www.flylady.com/. This has given me plenty of things to fill my days with. Clean out underneath the sink, empty out tupperware cabinet, etc. I've started doing a load of laundry a day instead of taking care of the overwhelming task once a week. Amazing what a difference that makes! Lots of little changes around here hopefully making for a more efficiently and effectively run family. School stars in 10 days. Feeling a bit sad about sending Brigg back and sending Lani 4 afternoons a week, but am anxious to have a schedule again. A great message a church. One of those moments when everything just seems so clear. Andy is great a conveying those kinds of messages. LOVE it. Lots to think about. One life. One chance. I get one chance here on earth to make a difference. How will it look for me? Lots to think about. Lots to DO!
Oh, and the Olympics! The kids have been loving it, as have I! What is it about all those countries gathering in one place peacefully that brings tears to my eyes. I tear up at every story, at every event. I don't know what it is. But it has been fun watching as a family. Brigg is certain he will one day be an Olympian. Maybe!
Happy Sunday to everyone. We'll be enjoying this last week before schools starts with Bode visiting some of the time and a possible trip to Maquoketa Caves!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

oh, i can feel the peace and contentment in you...and i'm trying to soak a bit of it up!