Wednesday, August 13, 2008

pile of clothes

Once a year (ok, sometimes twice), I hit the Williamsburg outlet mall for school clothes. For the most part, the kids get enough clothes from their nanas and other family members for birthdays, holidays and just because to get them through the year. But once a year I like to take them shopping and pick out some brand spankin' new clothes that don't get worn until school starts. Today was the day. It was so fun! There are some CUTE things out there...especially for Nalani. She has moved up into the big girls clothing department and there are some great clothes. We stuck to the clearance racks though and got quite a few bargains. I got Ayla one shirt. She usually gets nothing because Lani had more clothes than I knew what to do with and Ayla has inherited them. Anyway, Ayla's shirt said, "My dad rocks". While in the carters store, I pulled it out to show my mom. Lani, Brigg, Ayla, Bode, a little girl and her grandma were all sitting around the lego table, watching me. When I read what the t-shirt said out loud, Bode said, "No! MY dad rocks!" and he pointed to HIS shirt. Sure enough, that is exactly what HIS shirt said. The random grandma sitting around the table looked at him a gave a sweet smile, saying with her eyes, "Oh...he is so cute!" Then Lani piped up, wanting to get in on the conversation. She declaredl, VERY boldly, "WELL! MY dad SUCKS!" I couldn't help it. I busted up laughing. It totally caught me off guard and I couldn't contain it. It was very out of character for her, seeing how she adores her daddy. I caught a glimpse of the random grandma out of the corner of my eye and she did NOT think it was very cute. I tried to control myself and went around the corner to finish my laughing. Really, it was funny.

6 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

that made me laugh out loud. seriously...hilarious!

amy smith said...

i too was laughing! very, very funny!

Melanie said...

Kids are hilarious!

Cassie said...

lora,
i think williamsburg always has a variety of seasons on sale. i wouldn't say they specifically had all their fall stuff on sale, but there was certainly some on sale. plus, they have children's place there, now! fun! i think it would be worth the trip!

Allison said...

Oh my gosh!! That was really funny Cassie! Poor Paul!

Eric and Pam said...

cracking up!