Monday, August 25, 2008

9 month and 5 years appointments...

Just got home from our "well-baby checks". I'm not sure when you stop calling them that, but we'll stick with it for now.

Ayla:
17 pounds on the nose (that's like the 10%...great, we have another Brigg on our hands)
26.5 inches...like the 15%
Developing great.
Most likely allergic to milk...no more dairy whatsoever. Only soy-based products.

Lani:
40 pounds (55%)
42 inches (60%)
3 shots...that puts her all ready for kindergarten! :) She did great. She's one tough girl.
Ear infection
Sinus infection
Currently on an antibiotic.

That's it. Hope she's feeling better before we head out tomorrow. She looks pretty miserable today. We've never had to deal with any "allergy" stuff really, so this could be interesting. We eat a lot of dairy in the house. More milk, yogurt and cheese than I care to admit to. So it will be a bit of a challenge. But apparently we can get soy in most of that...and I'm sure it will be MUCH cheaper! HA!

3 comments:

Heather said...

both of my kids had milk allergy and both have outgrown it and it isn't a problem at all now. don't get discouraged yet--hopefully, Ayla will outgrow it too! have a great trip tomorrow and hope Lani feels better SOON!!!

Cassie said...

when did they outgrow it? how old?

Heather said...

I can't remember exactly, but I think about 18 months or so. When I nursed I couldn't have any dairy AT ALL or they puked. After I was done nursing at about a year we started using the soy formula mixed with a little milk and gradually increased the milk as they could handle it. It took awhile (about 6 mos. or so), but eventually they adjusted and have no problems at all now. I know that's not true for all kids, but hopefully Ayla will outgrow it too! Thinking about you as you head out for your fun little get-away!