Saturday, August 23, 2008

I'm pretty sure Brigg almost wet his pants when we told him...

...that he was going to a Cardinals game this week! They have been talking about getting to a game all season and well, the season is quickly coming to an end.
Paul got 2 tickets purchased today.
It's a night game...7:15...on TUESDAY. Yes, THIS Tuesday. So, we decided that they would have to stay overnight. Ugh. That adds a big chunk of money to the already expensive gas and tickets. So I went to Priceline...and I bid. I have never done this before.
To be honest, I was nervous.
But we requested a four star hotel and placed a $50 bid. I closed my eyes and squealed while I waited to see if it was accepted.
Nope.
BUT, "if you increase your bid by $14, you will get a room."
So we did.
$64 and we are staying at this hotel.
The kids freaked when I showed them pictures.
Lani said, "Mom...it looks like a castle!"
And it does.
It was totally fun. I want to book something again through them just to experience that moment of anticipation while waiting! :)
Oh yeah...and after we decided that Paul and Brigg would need to stay the night, we also decided we may as well all go and make an overnight trip out of it. We've never been to St. Louis, so we are all very excited.
And Paul gets to take what he likes to call a "mental health day" off work.
I prefer to call it a "save your marriage day".
Kidding.
Only kidding...

3 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

Holy Cow!!! That's so nice...you had better get all gussied up to stay there! :)

Beckysblog said...

I want to go too!!!!

Cassie said...

yes. we will totally fit in. all 5 of us...