Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Twas the night before school...

And off to his classroom we went.
"Brigg are you excited to meet your teacher?"
I said as his shoulders went limp.

"No I am not,
I don't want summer to end."
Well you don't have a choice,
On this topic I am not going to bend.

So we went to "Back to School Night"
dragging his feet in his brand new shoes.
He looked at the class lists
and found his name in the class of Mrs. Kidoo!

"Ok, maybe I am a little excited,"
he said with a small smirk.
He had hoped he'd get this teacher,
and I guess his prayers worked! :)

So as I said, "It's time for bed,
get your clothes all set out!"
He climbed under the covers
and he didn't even pout!

I know, I know. Cheesy. But I couldn't resist. I'm a bit giddy tonight.
Although I'm not ready for the lazy days of summer to end, I am ready to get into a routine.
First grade is so important. I remember first grade SO vividly.
I had an awful teacher. She was a very angry woman and I'm really not sure why she was a teacher.
So I am very relieved that Brigg is getting such a great first grade teacher! I have subbed for her classroom and I can tell you, she's got her stuff together. He is going to love her. BUT, she IS a Cubs fan. She said they might go head to head.
She has no idea. No idea at all.
So tomorrow it is. We'll walk him to school (no bus this year!), and then it'll just be the girls.
Lani still has a coule more weeks until school starts. Looking forward to some one on two time with them.
And I'm so looking forward to seeing Brigg continue to grow and change this year...he really is an amazing little boy.
Here's to a great 2008-2009 school year!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just get tears in my eyes reading all of these "back to school" blogs. They do change, and it is exciting, and it is a mixed bag of emotions. Thinking of you all today, college kids too! I suppose i won't go with Brody as he heads off to school, but I wish I could!! :) Brigg will do well! Glad that he is excited about it all now......dg

Anonymous said...

Have a terrific day, Brigg!! I am SO SO proud of you. Cannot wait to hear all about your day!! See you after school buddy!!
Love you LOTS,
Nana

Naomi Haverland said...

Great cheesy poem!
My little boy started first grade this week too.