Thursday, August 14, 2008

Rough morning...and into the afternoon

It was a rough morning for Brigg and I. He is my "in the box" child. I can look at him in a certain way and he obeys on the spot. He's my easy one. But this morning, not so much. He had a sleepover. He is 4 hours short of a full night's sleep and he NEEDS his sleep. Or maybe I need him to sleep. Either way, we have been butting heads all morning. And actually, he has been butting heads with everyone. Very out of character for him.
As of this morning he decided he and Gabe's friendship was over and he is quitting baseball forever. I could scream. I don't deal with this well. So after a trip to the park where he spent the better part of the hour sitting on a blanket with his head buried in the ground, he was sent to his room to pout. He came out for lunch and after eating decided he felt better. He gave me hugs. I'm having a hard time forgiving though. It's like I'm getting a glimpse into the future...eye rolling, pouting, arguing, talking back. Ugh. I'm not loving it. He agreed he should call Gabe and apologize and that yes, he possibly needed some sleep. So the kids are in their rooms "resting". I'm taking deep breaths and thinking about how I am going to deal with teenagers...because like it or not, they are coming. Dear God, help me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that with the lack of sleep, and the possible sugar low, it might have taken him over the edge? No excuse, I know, but I am hypo....blah, blah, blah and when I don't get my sleep or eat right-I'm a bear!!! dg

Holly said...

YES, help us all...

amy smith said...

so glad we didn't come to the park, isaiah was in the same kind of mood. i sent him BACK to bed at noon, and woke him up at 3pm! praying for a peaceful end to the day