Thursday, August 27, 2009

We have hit the wall...

I had forgotten about the "first week of school wall".
We hit it last night.
Lani was acting like a crazed child.
I truly have never seen her act like that. Weird.
But then Paul reminded me that we went through the same thing will Brigg.
Oh yeah.....I forgot.
The first week or 2 are rough. Tired tired kids.
Had a hard time getting her up today, too. And she was crabby.
But never once said she didn't want to go to school.
Only one more day after I pick them up today.
And next week will be better.
The good news?
Brigg is not having this problem. And he did last year.
So second grade must be the turning point.

Power cleaning today. Good times...good times.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

yes, i remember 2nd grade being MUCH easier with that whole adjustment thing! i'm not sure what i'm in for when joshua starts in a couple weeks...he's SO different from rebekah and holds everything IN...i have NO idea how it's going to come out!

Beckysblog said...

Starting Kindergarten is so rough. I remember that vividly.

Happilyoutnumbered said...

We are going through the same thing here. It is so HARD for them! I just feel so bad....there are times Isaac is just beside himself, freaking out and so over tired that he doesn't know what to do! I am hoping next week will be better. Good Luck!