Monday, August 3, 2009

Feeling pretty good about progress

Laundry is done.
And I mean DONE.
Washed, folded, sorted and put away.
HUGE accomplishment.

Kids' rooms are thoroughly cleaned.
As in, furniture moved and vacuumed under.
Forgotten toys disappeared.
DUSTED.
The whole bit.
HUGE accomplishment.

I've started packing.
The kids are staying at my parents, so I need to pack for them, too.
But I have started.
Hope to finish that up tomorrow.
Much easier with all the CLEAN clothes put away. :)
Kind of don't know how to pack though. Looks like it's going to be around 70-75 most days.
But we are kayaking one day. Hiking one day.
Sunset whale watching one evening...and she said it can get down too as low as 45 off the coast that time of day. yikes!
Plus, our running schedule has us running 8 miles this weekend.
Double yikes.
I am totally going to overpack, I know it.
Oh well.

I have tons of cute photos that I haven't been posting.
I have scheduled blogs to post randomly while we are gone.
I am NOT bringing my computer.
I have informed my realtor that I won't be able to be reached by phone.
I plan on using little to NO technology while I'm there.
(other than my lovely camera. you KNOW i'll be using that!!)
I feel like I will taint this little community of 1300 people if I tote along all my gear.
So I'm not.
But you won't even know I'm gone with all my scheduled posts! :)

School supplies are BOUGHT and in backpacks.
We have a short week and a half when we return to make the most of this summer.
I don't plan on school supply shopping when I get home.
I plan on enjoying my children.
So I am done with that.
YAY for me.
If you know me, you know I procrastinate terrible, so this is a
HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT for me.

Paul is cramming in 2 home inspections and 2 radon tests before we leave.
He's going to be busy.
But what a relief to get some work on that front. Maybe houses are starting to sell?!? :)
We can only hope.

We leave at the crack of dawn on Thursday morning. Need to be on the road by 5:30am.
So the kids are staying at my parents Wednesday night.
Brigg gets home tomorrow morning at 9:30. We get 2 days with him.
I don't want to be stressing out, so I hope to get lots more done tonight.

So that's that. Lots going on. Anxious for the week ahead!! We've been planning this trip for a long long time. We cannot wait to enjoy and relax.
or kayak.
or hike.
or whale watch.
or bike ride.
or eat.
or whatever....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cassie, I am so excited for you guys!!! You will have to fill me in one of these days on how you came across this place. It looks amazing. Good job on getting all things done......you rock!! Love you, dg

Beckysblog said...

Awesome. You are way ahead of the game. Enjoy every minute with Paul!

Trish said...

Pheeeewwwww! I'm tired reading all that, good work! From one procrastinator to another, I understand your accomplishment!
Hope you guys have a great vacation!

Eric and Pam said...

wow. i'm tired now. you did a lot.
:)
i hope you have an awesome time! can't wait to see pictures when you get back.

Unknown said...

You've been busy!! Not that you're not busy anyway, but you know what I mean. :) Have a GREAT trip!!