Monday, August 10, 2009

The end

This is it.
We are all checked in for our flights tomorrow.
We fly out at 3:12 pm. Anxious to see the kids.
I'm tempted to throw out the "P" word regarding this trip.
But I hate to use that word.
Ya know, like when you're in labor and they ask what your pain level is. You want to say "TEN! THis is THE worst pain I have ever had in my LIFE!" But you don't. Because you KNOW that you will one day have worse pain than that. And you'll think, "Man, labor was a piece of CAKE compared to this!" So instead you say, "I don't know, an 8?!? Maybe 7.5?" But you are thinking secretly in your head that it's a 17.
I'm like that with the "P"word. Ya know, perfect.
So, I'll simply say that this trip was nearly perfect.
ALMOST perfect.
Although, right now, I have no idea what I'd change to make it perfect.
But stay tuned, because Paul wants me to make sure and be careful WHO I tell that this was an amazing trip. He's sure that not everyone would enjoy it nearly as much as we did.
We'll discuss more on that later.
For tonight...our last day...I'll leave you with this quote we saw on a sign in Acadia Park today....
"Everyone needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in...where nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul." (John Muir)
That is what Maine has been to us....beauty, cheer, strength.
Now we are ready to be home.
Night.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

so glad you had such a GREAT time!!! enjoy seeing your kids again!

Sarah Guild said...

Maine was "nearly perfect" for us, too. If I could re-live two weeks of my marriage, those two would be the ones I pick.