Sunday, August 16, 2009

I'VE known for a long time...

But apparently the rest of the world has only recently discovered it.

I have a friend.
Her name is Jody.
You may have heard me talk about her a time or two on my blog.
She's funny.
And fairly amazing.
And highly remarkable.
We have been friends for a number of years now.
So she has nearly crossed the line from friend to family.
She tells me what I need to hear and rolls her eyes at me often.
I really don't know what I'd do without her in my life.

About a year ago she mentioned raising money to build a well in Africa.
Since that day, life has been a little bit busier and much much fuller.

See, Jody has this passion for water.
And she has a gift for sharing that passion.
She has become a water activist and is recently being honored for all her hard work.
And if you could only see her work.

Because in addition to being a water activist, she is a wife to an extremely talented and BUSY musician and worship pastor.
She's very involved in his ministry and his work as well as their personal life! :)
And oh, did I mention she has 6 children.
Yes, SIX.
She's running all day every day.
You she see her when she talks about her family.
She glows. She adores them.

And you should see her when she talks about water.
She is passionate.
She works tirelessly to raise awareness and funds for Water for Christmas.
Her passion is spreading and a few weeks ago Lifetime got a hold of her story.
They find her a bit remarkable, too. :)
So through Thursday of the week, if you are watching Lifetime television, you might see her face pop up during a commercial.
This is a HUGE deal. A great honor for Jody.
And more importantly, a big deal for water.

Also, Jody is quite humble. So she's trying to avoid this topic.
And well, it has been fun mocking her relentlessly for the past couple weeks.
(remember, she's more like a sister...so making fun of her is not optional. plus, they said she baked and crafted. which is hilarious!)

In all honesty, I love her.
And am beyond proud of her.
And she is WAY more than a water activist to me.
I learn so much from her daily.

So if you have a chance, go check it out.
You can read her bio on the Lifetime website and watch for her commercial this week.
At week's end, they will be posting the video online with her bio....right beside Michelle Obama and Maria Shriver. (I'm so not kidding!)
And if you see her, make sure you tell her how remarkable she is. Then watch her roll her eyes. It's great.
So yes, I have known for quite some time that she is remarkable.
So glad the rest of the world is figuring it out!

So proud of you Jody!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melanie said...

That is awesome!!!