Wednesday, August 12, 2009

More on the "P" word

I knew I should have never uttered the word. Let alone typed it.
But I did.
And thing everything went haywire.
I truly don't believe in jinxing things.
Well, at least I didn't believe in it.
I may now.
We missed out last connection and there were no more flights out of Cincinnati.
So guess where we stayed last night?!?
I tried to make the best of it.
It was a nice hotel. Kind size bed. A tv for the first time in 5 days. AIR CONDITIONING.
So that was fine.
Up and back home by 9:30am.
Hour drive ahead of us from Cedar Rapids.
Made it to town, my heart was beating fast as I thought about reuniting with my kids.
Then I hear a pop.
Tire blew.
About 1/2 mile from my kids.

DEEP SIGH.

But now we are home.
Everyone is happy.
I think mom is especially happy! :)
We miss you already Maine...

1 comment:

Beckysblog said...

Ive been waiting and waiting for an update today. This wasnt what I was expecting!
Glad you are home now!!!