Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday-Golf

Wednesday we got home and it was baseball.
And then we went for a quick swim before the pool closed for the day.
We were the only ones there.
Although the lifeguards hated us, we had a blast. It's much easier taking care of Ayla when no other people are around.
Today and tomorrow it's all golf.
The morning Brigg was in the city tournament. He moved up an age bracket this year to the 8-10 age group. It was a beautiful morning and i got to spend it on the course with my one and only boy. I love one-on-one time with the kids. And today's morning with Brigg was no exception. He threw me the "I love you" sign language sign several times. I love 8. It's great. He can stay 8 forever! :)
He played 5 holes and then we stuck around for lunch and awards ceremony. He got 3rd place this year. He was very pleased! And I did not have my camera. A friend took some pics though, so I might get those later.

Tomorrow is golf again. Brigg and Lani are both in the Taco John's Tournament at Geneva. I'm just excited for the tacos! See....I just plain love food. It doesn't even have to be "Fresh" for me to get excited about it!

Amazing how refreshed I feel after our trip. I think we need to do adult trips more often! I feel like a better mom and wife. It's great. I week and counting until school starts. And I DID shed some tears this morning when Lani's teacher came for her home visit. I'm just not ready to send this one off. It's going to be rough adjusting. I'm trying to focus on happy thoughts until next Thursday arrives.

So golf it is. Happy happy golf...

1 comment:

Beckysblog said...

Having time alone and couple time, makes the entire world spin in alignment. Ok, maybe just your world, but that is important too!