Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Something has happened to me....

I got my eyebrows waxed today.
Something that is very important to a couple individuals in my family, but also something I personally never think about.
For some reason, I wanted to get it done today.
AND.
I want to shop.
I'm not a shopper.
If I need a shirt or something, I'll go online and find a cheap one. Or have Paul wait outside with the kids while I run in and find something on the clearance rack.
Cheap.
Quick.
Easy.
But today, I have a strong desire to shop. And buy a skirt. (something I don't ever own).
And possibly some cute shoes and even a necklace. and a purse just for fun! :)
I'm serious.
Something is wrong with me.
Of course I do not have the time or money to do this kind of shopping, but the fact that I want to scares me.
So I needed to first admit I have a problem.
To you...all of my blog friends.
Because you can't look at me funny. Or snort. Or yell at me. :)
There. I said it.
Now, back to changing poopie diapers and scrubbing toilets..
Oh, and admiring my newly waxed eyebrows...

7 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

Who are you and what have you done with my sister?!?! I would totally take a day off to go shopping with you because I don't think it would EVER happen again, but I don't have the money either! :)

Beckysblog said...

Cassica, you are preparing for your second honeymoon. Of course you want to primp!

Anonymous said...

ah yes, I agree with Becky 100%~Watch out Paul!! :) So excited!!!! dg

Anonymous said...

ok, I am a little too excited for YOUR 2nd honeymoon.....soneone take me shoppin or something?! :) dg

Sarah Guild said...

You are too funny! I admit to great vanity about my eyebrows. But, then I have a record setting unibrow w/o my friend, the wax. Enjoy your honeymoon #2 with your hubby...

Courtney said...

just caught up on you :-)

loved your sunday post...about lani going into kindergarten. i relate. i have TOTALLY different emotions about joshua starting this fall than i did with rebekah.

and i'm so excited for your trip! and GOOD for you for not bringing all the gear (as i sit here on mine :-))

have FUN!!! (and kayak! :-))

Tisha said...

Ha. This is funny.
I am NOT a shopper either. BUT if I were going away alone with my husband, I think I would feel just like you do! You must be so excited!
I'm glad you have scheduled posts so we won't have to miss you too much : )