Monday, August 24, 2009

Day with Ayla

Day One:

My sister-in-law called from Florida.
She had just finished her first day of her new job.
I was excited to talk to her...
it slipped my mind that Lani was not here to keep an eye on Ayla.
After a few minutes, I realized Ayla was being very quiet.
Never good.
She had gotten a marker and scribbled all over Lani's room
The above photo shows about half the damage.
We are learning here.

Ayla's favorite books.
They are in a basket in our living room...

She especially enjoys Happy Baby ABC.
No plot.
No excitement.
I am about fed up with it.
She'll say Hoppy Babee ABC!
And I tear up, thinking "NOOOOO!!! NOT happy baby ABC!!"

We do have more books upstairs and I think that's what we're doing today.
Rotating out old books with new ones.
Ayla's always been a little hyper and not able to sit long enough to finish a book.
But lately she's been wanting to read a lot.
So we need to mix things up a bit.
And she didn't really love me reading "The Hole in our Gospel" to her.
Darn it!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tisha said...

What?! She didn't care for The Hole in our Gospel? Shocking!

Courtney said...

wow! she is a handful, that one! :-)

Melanie said...

Funny! Jalen also has a few of those baby books and still enjoys looking through them. They must know what they are doing.