Friday, August 21, 2009

The past 2 days.

Yesterday Lani was a bear. And she is rarely a bear. But she had a rough day. I think it was a gift from God. Because I found myself saying "Ok. I really think she's ready for school" for the first time.
So I had planned to do housework all day yesterday, but it didn't happen. We played Monopoly Junior. For a long time. I love Monopoly. :)
So the much anticipated first day of school arrived. Last night Lani went to bed with a smile on her face. "Tomorrow's a big day!" she said before dozing off. Cute.
My mom had gotten Lani and outfit to wear on her first day. I spent last night trying to find her white shirt to wear under it. After searching for quite some time, I found it.
Well this morning we got up and went to get her dressed. We could NOT find the red skirt that goes with it. I spent most of the morning searching high and low. It was no longer about the "first day of school outfit", but about the fact that I could not find the skirt. How frustrating!!!
So I was distracted most of the morning, which was kind of helpful actually. Right before leaving we pulled out an old wrinkled t-shirt and capris and off she went. Happy as a clam.
One thing I was not expecting was Ayla's reaction. As I sent Brigg and Lani in to school, I snapped a photo and cried behind my sunglasses. It was horrible. But then I got in the car and Ayla yelled NAYNEE! NAYNEE!
I said, "Lani and Brigg are going to school." She said, "Oh."
But randomly throughout the morning she has yelled, "NAYNEEEEEE, ARE YOU?"
She's never been home alone with me. She doesn't know what to do with herself! And every time she says lani's name, I tear up.
3:30 can't come soon enough...

2 comments:

Eric and Pam said...

I've been praying for you and thinking about you off and on for 2 days!! :)

Candi said...

Oh Ayla.... I can imagine the strange quietness is going to take some time to get used to... whew! It will get better but it makes me sad to hear about it... :(