Thursday, August 13, 2009

The food-Part 1

Yes, I actually need more than one "Part" to document the food on this trip.
I feel like I keep using the same words over and over...
Amazing, incredible, fabulous.
And I want to use them all again to describe the food!!

The freshest seafood I've ever eaten.
And I could LIVE on seafood.

Fresh Maine Lobster.
Paul loves lobster.
And we had it one night.
A night I learned a little lesson.
If you share a bottle of wine before dinner,
and then have a long wait to be seated,
don't accept the offer of a "drink special" just because it's cheap.
And tastes like lemonade with a piece of mint in it.
Although it is good, there is a good chance you will have hazy memories of your fresh Maine lobster.
And that is very very sad.
Just go for the ice water with lemon.
Heck, even throw in a spring of mint for fun.
But skip "The Ambassador".
That's a much better choice.
And one that I did not make because I was perhaps overly giddy at the thought of a fancy meal with JUST my husband and no children.
At least I have photos...

While in Acadia Park, we ate at the Jordan Pond House.
They have been serving fresh squeezed lemonade and homemade popovers in their lawn since 1871!
That's a long time and I do believe they have perfected the art of the popover.
Look at this thing...

Every single meal we ate was divine.
And oh how I do love food.
So this was definitely a perk of being on the coast of Maine.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kari said...

Oh my goodness...YUM!!!