Friday, October 3, 2008

Update!

I do believe I have gotten at the very least, 5 emails today asking about Paul's job or Ayla's health. So here is a quick rundown of the family....

Paul: He is loving his job. Seriously...goes to the Y in the morning at a consistent time and then is at work at 7:30. Gets a full hour lunch break. He even came home a couple times this week for lunch. He gets off at 4:30 on the nose each evening. Need I say more? Oh, meetings in board rooms about solar panels and what not. And energy audit on our own house. And a 10 minute commute. No question about whether or not he will make it to the Homecoming parade at 5:15. Yes. He loves it. (almost as much as I do!)

Brigg: The other morning I woke him up for school and he said, "Mom...I like going to school now. It's fun to get up, go to school and then come home. I'm not going to whine about it anymore!" What at great realization! It just takes him a while. He always comes around, but it takes him a while. I think it helps that this year he doesn't get home and then go directly to TKD 3-4 afternoons a week. He has lost 3 teeth and the 4th front one is hanging on by a thread. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it's gone when I pick him up this afternoon. He's addicted to all things baseball and it reading like a champ. He's growing up right before my eyes.

Nalani: She's loving Pre-K and gets along with everyone. She still doesn't have any real close friends, but I think she's pretty young for that. She just likes being with "us". I can handle that. She does cheerleading on evening a week and that's perfect for her. She turns 5 at the end of this month. Is that even possible? She is still very maternal with Ayla and can hardly keep her hands off her. I think Ayla gets a bit annoyed with it all.

Ayla: She still has a cold, but it hasn't gotten worse. Hoping it doesn't turn into an ear infection! She's walking around all furniture and her 4th tooth just came through. If asked what a lizard says, she moves her tongue in and out and back and forth really fast. Too cute. She crawls faster than any child I've ever know. She's pretty hot or cold and she can go back and forth in 1 second flat. Laughing or yelling. Still seems to react to lots of different foods, but I think it's getting better. Can't remember life without her! She'll be one on November 9. Again, is that even possible?!?

We've had such a busy summer and this fall we are kind of taking a break from all activities. It feels like we've had tons of changes this year and we're just enjoying settling in to our "new" life. Paul and I will be celebrating 9 years of marriage on Oct. 9. And yes, I am wondering, "Is that even possible?!?!"

No comments: