Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ayla eats

I hate high chairs.
Well, at least I hate them in my kitchen

They are bulky and take up a whole corner.
There are places for food to get stuck and get stinky.

So we decided Ayla was old enough to give the booster seat a shot.
Plus, this way she gets to feel more like part of the family.

Every night before supper it seems like things get crazy.
Everyone is asking for something and yelling, "MOM!"
When I finally sit down I still feel wound up.
So we do what we call a family breath.
We all hold hands and count to 3 and do a deep breath in and slowly let it out.
Then someone says grace and we squeeze hands and eat our meal.
Tonight Ayla was included in the family breath for the first time.
She was hilarious.
She looked at us like we were crazy.
And well, we kind of are. We like it that way.
She'll catch on. She doesn't have a choice.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: