Thursday, October 2, 2008

Project WIN

After my garage sale I separated out all my old "business attire". Shirts, pants and shoes. Someone had mentioned they thought there was a place in town that helped women get interviews and gave them clothes to wear to the interview. They were right! I just got back from Volunteers and Information (V&I) downtown. I stopped in and asked about it because these last 2 bags were the last of the stuff left from my sale. They said yes, and and it's called Project WIN (women in networking). For now, if you have business casual or full business attire that you are looking to get rid of, you can drop it off at V&I and someone from Project WIN picks it up on a regular basis. They said they do the women's hair and make-up as well so I asked about donating that kind of stuff and they are getting back to me. Just thought I'd share one more outlet outside of just dropping it off at Goodwill. I don't think a lot of these places get enough publicity. When I left the ladies told me to "spread the word". So I am. There you go.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

That is a great cause. I work in a domestic violence center in Grundy/Waterloo. A lot of our women need new clothes for interviews, this type of place comes in very handy. Thanks so much! Meghan

Unknown said...

Ok, so I FINALLY feel good about taking my stuff to Goodwill, and you post this. Nice! :) Thanks Cass. You are always way ahead of everything, you rock! dg