Monday, October 6, 2008

Our fridge just died...I'm so glad WE didn't.

Paul just went into the kitchen to get something out of the fridge. He heard a bit of "crackling".
He opened the freezer and pulled out the bottom drawer.
There was some red flickering and dripping water.
Each time the water dripped it landed on something hot and sizzled. Seriously sizzled.
Paul unplugged it and we unloaded it and moved everything to the old fridge in the basement.
Great.
As frustrating as this is, I had a moment of sheer relief.
Paul said, "I'm sure there would have been a fire overnight if we hadn't noticed this."
Holy crap. That is scary. I may be judged for this, but honestly, my kids do not know what to do if the smoke alarms go off. We do not have a plan. How terrible is THAT?!?
I have this uncontrollable urge to wake them up and go over the plan now.
Tomorrow. We will have a very definite plan tomorrow.

2 comments:

amy smith said...

what is it with almost dying in house fires lately....

steffany said...

I can't find your email:(

What's with all the dying appliances.
I just lost my dishwasher.