Thursday, October 9, 2008

So what did we do?

Well, please don't get jealous when I tell you about our big anniversary day!

Promise?

Ok, well Paul worked.

And I went on a field trip with Nalani (and Ayla on my back).

Then after work, Paul went and walked the highway with his co-workers and they picked up about 20 bags of trash. That was his gift to me. It was by request.

Then he went and picked up wings and beer while I made our special sauce to put them in when he got home.

We ate.

While Ayla sat in her chair beside us and munched on cheerios.

Then I went to the grocery store.

We are going on our annual apple picking trip tomorrow. We go every October to Wisconsin. This will be our 8th year. And since Lani and Macy were born, we have also celebrated their birthdays while there.

So after I got back from the store, Paul and I worked together to create this masterpiece for the girls' birthdays...


Paul was fully responsible for the "worm".



He used little ball sprinkles for the eyes and mouth.

It is hilarious.

And it is not perfect. But we had fun.

And it took teamwork.

Perfect way to celebrate 9 years together.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Courtney said...

so cute!

Sara said...

I'm impressed. If Craig and I tried to decorate a cake together, it would definitely not be a happy anniversary! :)

Melanie said...

That is a great cake!

Naomi Haverland said...

That cake is amazing! I'm jealous that your husband will do crafty things with you... when I try to get my husband to do crafty things, it's like sara said- not happy.