Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Call me inappropriate, I don't care...

We get into Halloween.
We always have.
When Paul and I started dating in 1995,
we had our very first pumpkin carving contest
and it's been such a fun time of year for us ever since.

Each year we have a weekend where we go to a pumpkin patch and pick out pumpkins.
We have a whole pumpkin carving DAY.
We compete.
We throw pumpkin guts at eachother.
We don't let anyone see our pumpkins until we are completely finished.
It's tradition.
The kids love it.
Paul and I love it more.

Another tradition we have is to make "scary" halloween treats.
Sometimes it's eyeballs or spiders or something else spooky.
This year I came across this idea in COOKIE magazine (it IS a children's idea magazine, I promise!)
I loved the idea. I ordered the hands immediately.
Apparently not everyone thought is was nearly the fun idea.
We made them tonight.

The kids had a ball making them.
And I don't care...they are fitting for the holiday!
And super yummy.
I present to you...
BURIED ALIVE CUPCAKES...

Let me know if you want the recipe!
HA! :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Beckysblog said...

very cute and fun!

Jennie Peakin said...

I think the strangest thing about those is that they look like little baby hands and arms...I don't know, babies buried alive is pretty sickening! BUT, they are very festive for Halloween! I like them!

Candi said...

Sorry, still not crazy about them....

Naomi Haverland said...

I love them! I'm totally gonna copy.