Saturday, March 28, 2009

The latests from Burbackville...

So here's the deal.
Paul had a little "procedure" done yesterday afternoon to insure that there will be no more biological baby Burbacks running around here.
He is fine.
I was slightly freaked out.
But I do believe I would have been freaked out even if I had 10 children.
Because it is a life-changing procedure.
It is a line in the sand that says there is no going back. (and after the little "procedure" was completed, Paul made it known that it will never...not EVER...be reversed. so yes, there is NO going back.)
So we drew the line.
And I struggled with it.
Because I could have 10 more babies...at a minimum.
I love delivering babies.
I love holding babies and sleeping with babies on my chest.
i.
love.
babies.
But the reality is, I would not be able to handle 13 TEENAGERS.
Seriously.
So the line is drawn.
And I think it was just the actual decision that was a problem.
Now that it's all said and done, I feel like we are moving into a new season of our lives.
And it's going to be great.
Each one just gets better...

3 comments:

Tisha said...

Oh man, that's rough. It's so difficult to make life-long decisions that you know you can not turn back or change your mind. We have made the same one, with biological babies and it was, and continues to be challenging for me, even though I have no (okay, little) doubt it was the right thing to do. Still, the thought of no more newborns is heartbreaking. Sounds like you're handling it better than me : )

Courtney said...

we're headed there...just need to make the appts.

it is a hard thing! but at the same time i know it's time. for that at least.

Candi said...

Ahhh yes, the new seasons are better & better, I wouldn't go back. : ) Glad things are going ok for you a bit more.