Sunday, March 29, 2009

Laps

A snowstorm hit us last night....hopefully the final one of the year!
So today we have been couped up most of the day. We didn't venture out at all.
Around 3:00 or so, Brigg started acting insane. It was like he couldn't function because there was too much energy built up inside. It was so weird. He lost all control of his emotions. He was acting completely obnoxious and loud and spastic.
For several hours.
Finally, at 7:30 I snapped. I told him to go put his coat and shoes on.
He stopped in his tracks (for the first time in 4 hours) and said, "Why?"
I said, "Because you are going outside and running 10 laps around the house."
He smiled and said, "Ok!"
And he did.
He ran 10 laps.
It worked.
He is now in bed, fast asleep.
This is new to me. He needs lots of activity. Or he goes nuts, I go nuts, and Paul especially goes nuts.
But I do think I'm going to have to come up with some activities other than just running laps.

2 comments:

Beckysblog said...

I hear you. can he take Sullivan on some laps next time?

amy smith said...

we seriously do this with isaiah all the time... only i make him run to the pond and back. soon bring will be running the loop around the park!