Thursday, November 19, 2009

Switching gears...

Yesterday Ayla had a fever. She felt awful. And she wanted me to hold her all.day.long.
It was a long day.
But she made a miraculous recovery today. She's back to acting like herself again.
Tonight I am finishing up a huge packaging session and will be shipping out 25 packages in the morning. I ship all etsy items on Tuesday and Friday. I schedule them to be picked up at my front door. I wrap, tape, weigh, and print off all shipping labels in my dining room.
I have it down to a fine art. :)
This week I will have shipped FIFTY packages.
Yes. FIFTY.
That is so huge. And I am repeatedly humbled by the comments buyers make.
The notes they leave in their comments to the seller.
And by the various locations these packages are being shipped to.
I should have started a list when this all began.
We are talking New York, Florida, Washington, California, New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Virginia, CANADA.
All over.
It's truly amazing. And as much work as this is, it is so so cool to bear witness to.
I'm not kidding. To package these up every night after everyone is in bed and all is quiet. I have time to think about the people of Liberia. To pray for them. To be thankful for each and every person that is contributing.
It's a strange space to reside in....that space where suffering and joy collide.
I don't know.
Just feeling a bit emotional about it all tonight! :)
AND the whole point of this was to say after I place these 25 packages by my front door to be picked up, I will be switching gears to full-mode party preparations!
And I won't be looking at the etsy shop again until Monday. I am giving myself a few days break to focus on the Geneva event.
I can't wait.
And truly, if there is any way you can get here, you should.
It's going to be a fantastic weekend, I'm sure of it....

3 comments:

hotflawedmama said...

Is that why I got an email from you at 1:45? You're amazing! Thanks for doing all the etsy stuff, I'm loving seeing everyone sportin' the goods around the cities!

It all starts...tomorrow. :)

Beckysblog said...

You are kind of some new age Santa.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could get there. Glad A is feeling better. Thanks for all you do. It is remarkable to watch it all happen.
Have a great time this weekend.