Saturday, November 28, 2009

Back to liiiiife....Back to re-al-i-ty

Sorry...sometimes I live my life through song.
Did you read that title in song format?
Good.

I might be losing it. :)
Everyone is gone. And now we go back to real life.
No newborn babies around.
No infants around.
No nanas around.
No brother and sister-in-laws around.
And fortunately, a lot less food in the fridge.

I feel like this is the first time I've been fully submerged in my normal life for nearly 3 weeks.
It was a gorgeous day today. Paul worked outside. Kids played outside for a while. Ayla took a really long nap and while she did that I took the kids to a movie. We got home and played dominoes and ate leftovers. And now we are heading out to church.

Feeling good. Loved having a newborn in the house, but really confirmed that I'm happy with our number of kids just as it is. No longing for another baby. Could not get enough of little Drew, but it wasn't that feeling of wishing I had another of my own. So that's a good thing. :)

It seems like Ayla has grown up SO much over the last couple of months. She transitioned herself into a big-girl bed. (again, this was in no way part of my plan). She's talking like crazy. We are outgrowing all that baby stage and I'm feeling ready for it. It's nice! Feels like we're on the edge of a brand new season of our lives and I'm excited about it.

So thankful.
Just really really thankful for all of it today.
Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all....

2 comments:

Beckysblog said...

You live your life through song...I live mine through movie quotes.

Glad you had such a fantastic weekend.

Candi said...

Can't wait to see you all again! I feel like Ayla's changing as I'm gone!! :) See you Tuesday! :)