Thursday, November 5, 2009

The daily candy trade

Every day since Halloween there has been a candy trade at our house.
They sort their individual bags of candy and then trade.
They do it while Ayla is sleeping.

And they give her all the raisins and those black and orange wrappered candies.
And they take the chocolate and pixie stix.

And they get their daily sugar fix.
It's quite disgusting.

And I know this because I've been doing it, too.
They think they are tricky by stealing Ayla's candy while she's sleeping.
Well Paul and I are stealing THEIR candy while THEY are sleeping.

It's become an issue.
So yesterday we consolidated all candy into one bowl.
No more trading.
No more sneaking.
And this morning my 9:45 I literally was shaky.
See...a problem.
I'm done.
Went grocery shopping today.
Bought fruit and yogurt and string cheese.
I'm drawing the line.
It's November 5th.
We can no longer blame Halloween.
This binge is OVER.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Courtney said...

NO! i'm still bingeing (binging? sp??) it's BAD!

Tisha said...

I can't believe you made it that long with individual bags! Impressive.
Would say something about your rampant family theivery, but it sounds like you gave yourself a much needed intervention.

Lisa Borglum said...

Macy and I had a oreo, snicker, reeses "blizzard" last night while Tony was studying and Hadley was sleeping. It was delish!! As if the candy wasn't bad enough... we had to add ice cream and chocolate syrup!!

By the way... maybe Brigg should eat all three bags of candy. (Love Lani's shirt - I got Macy one but it won't fit until next year or maybe the year after that)

Beckysblog said...

hilarious!