Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Breathing a little deeper today...

I'll be honest, I've had a rough couple of days.
But today my breaths are not quite as shallow as they were 24 hours ago. Not quite as quick. I'm feeling some tension releasing from my shoulders. I'm connecting with my kids again. I'm cleaning my house. Who knew I'd ever feel good about cleaning my house? I'm making lists and checking things off. I'm planning for Thanksgiving dinner here with Paul's family. I'm dreaming about what's ahead.
I'm making progress. And that's good.
Cause it's been kinda nuts. And I hate to feel disconnected. It's not easy finding a balance. Allowing my family to take a back seat for a bit while I focus on something outside of our picket fences. That's not easy for me. But I do feel like it's right. They need to see that Paul and I actually live they way we are telling them they should live.
It would be much easier to just preach it. And then revolve our worlds around ourselves.
So I'm feeling better today. My focus has been on our family and our little lives here. And it needs to be right now.
So excited for a 5 day "weekend" with the kids. So excited to celebrate and give thanks for our many many blessings.
Just breathing easier.
Whew.

2 comments:

Candi said...

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will be wishing we were ALL together BUT have next month to look forward to!! :)

Courtney said...

rest well tonight, my friend...