Monday, November 2, 2009

Not this time!

I usually cry when saying goodbye to Jody as she heads to Africa.
Last time I cried quite excessively, to be honest.
It was scary.
And I had no idea how she was going to rescue her children and bring them home.
But not this time!
Nope.
I just handed over my favorite camera lens, gave her a quick hug and smiled big.
Because I am so excited for this trip!
Even though I wish I were heading out on that plane tomorrow, I can't wait for them to go without me!
The stories.
The pictures.
I can't wait.
This is so exciting.
And I'm sure Jody and dad will do a great job showing these villages in Liberia how much they mean to us.
How much they mean to God.
I get chills just thinking about it!
So nope.
No crying.
Not this time.
Only excitement!!!

2 comments:

jody said...

well, geez. way to go.
now i'm crying...

Candi said...

Oh yes.... the excitement and anticipation I am feeling is really getting intense!! I do wish a large group of us were going BUT I would not handle it as well as Larry will I am certain BUT you can KNOW there will be a LOT of praying going from this end!! :) God bless them and keep them in His care. HE has to be so happy this unlikely couple are stepping up out to visit our water sites!! Praise be!! Such great people... love them BOTH so much!! :)