Thursday, November 5, 2009

Just got off the phone with Dad.

They got in late last night. Dad said he couldn't sleep. Ended up going out and talking to the security guards. Typical for him.
Jody had emailed last night and said her shower was freezing and their may have been lots of bugs. So I'm sure she didn't sleep great either.
But as I spoke to them on the phone, I could hear the amazement in their voices. They had just left their first stop in the city of Monrovia...the Clara Town Slums. I got no details from dad. He just kept saying "It's unbelieveable. UNbelieveable." And I'm pretty sure Jody put it best when she said, "And even though it feels like a different world, it isn't. Injustice for one is injustice for all."
Something to think about.
Jody is posting pics from her camera phone on her blog HERE. Also, she is updating fairly regularly on twitter. If you don't "do" twitter, that's fine. Her 3 most recent twitter updates are along the left hand side of her blog. You can follow her there.
They were on their way to a rural village...a 5 hour drive. And I'm sure entering what will feel like a different world again. But it's not. These faces, these stories, they are our own.
And now...I offically can't sleep for the rest of the week. :)

No comments: