Sunday, November 22, 2009

I wish...

I'm just sitting here with my head spinning. I wish I could put the weekend into the perfect word and photo combination for those who weren't here but wished they could be. I tried to capture some photos and think of what to say. But I can't do it. I know there are so many who wanted to come and couldn't. So many of have given of their time and resources and who are a HUGE part of this effort. And I so want you to know how amazing it was.
The sounds of hundreds of people chatting and laughing and talking about water.
And then the complete silence as Scott presented his photos and stories.
You could hear pin drop in the room.
Each and every time I see the presentation it is just as powerful.
The images are burned in my mind.
The stories have broken my heart. It's painful. It makes me ache for something better. I want it all to go away, yet I am finding a part of my heart filled in the process. It's so strange.
It's been an insane weekend. Filled with laughter and excitement and tears and heartache. People coming from all over to be a part...California, Colorado, Kansas, Illinois, and who knows where else. People learning about water for the first time and people that already knew about water becoming more and more passionate.
Lots of food, wine, and relationships shared this weekend.
And we are up over $30,000 for water in Liberia.
That's something.
Thanks to all who have joined water4christmas this year.
Many many thanks.

1 comment:

Candi said...

It was WONDERFUL and more people know about WATER now.... it is a great thing to be a part of such a project!! : )