Sunday, July 18, 2010

Walking for Water

Next Saturday Paul and I, along with a large group of other men and women, will be walking in the Bix7. We'll be carrying jerry cans on our backs. And wearing water shirts. We will be walking to raise awareness. The water crisis is far from solved. It weighs heavy on my heart. So Saturday we will be walking so they don't have to.

Our jerry cans will be empty. I'm fairly certain we could not complete 7 miles with full jerry cans. Take a look at this video to get an idea of what it takes to carry a jerry can full of water on your back. This is incredible. Can you imagine doing this several times a day? I cannot. And I will not be able to have peace until nobody else has to either....

Walk For Water from A Glimmer of Hope on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Beautiful! Thanks for posting this!