Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ayla's gift...

Do you remember me blogging about this cute repurposed entertainment center?

It started out looking like this...

Well today is the day.
One of our tasks on our shopping trip/super failed date night, was to get what we needed to make one out of our old entertainment center. This was our first stop and where we were when we got the call that Ayla was puking her brains out.
Great.
Anyway...I'm not bitter.
SOOO....I had showed the photo to Paul months ago.
He said he could do it.
But when we went to find a sink/facet, they were super expensive and I couldn't figure out why the woman that blogged it had said it was so cheap.
Well I went back and actually read the directions thoroughly.
(i struggle with fully reading things....like emails about practices and christmas concerts and stuff)
So I read that she bought the sink and faucet at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
Huh?
What's that?
I'd never heard of it.
But we found one...right here in the Quad Cities!
And let me just tell you this....we found the cutest sink ever!
I cannot wait until this is done.
It's going to be so fun!
So we got the sink, faucet, and trim to go around the fake window for $26.
Wowser.
So pumped.
I think we have almost everything else in our basement.
So here it is.
This is what we are starting with...

I told Paul, "Just use these directions as a guide. Do whatever you want with it. I just want it to have a sink and an oven."
And you know what? He's super creative.
Don't let him tell you any different.
He loves to build stuff.
I just went down to check on him and honestly, ours is going to be even cuter than the one in the above photo.
He's even installed a cabinet!
I can't wait until it's done.
And we leave on Wednesday...so it needs to be done soon.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Beckysblog said...

I cannot wait to see it!

hotflawedmama said...

oh man I can't wait to see it! Perhaps I should put in my order for Paul to do one for Dailah in another 6 months? :)

Jennie Peakin said...

Oh my gosh, I am SOOOO excited to see it!

Candi said...

Me too, me too!! Can I help pick out STUFF for it?!? : )

Candi said...

Me too, me too!! Can I help pick out STUFF for it?!? : )

Unknown said...

is he seriously just starting it with only a few days to work on it? WOW good luck, can't wait to see it!!

Holly said...

dude. I'm giddy!

Eric and Pam said...

when will you post pictures? tonight? ;)

Cassie said...

he is done with the building. now comes all the painting. and yes mom, you will be helping with the curtains! :) hoping to get material and all the details tomorrow. i don't want to post any pics until it's complete. maybe monday?!? or tuesday?!?
or wednesday right before we walk out the door and leave it under the tree?!?
:)
we'll see.

Heather said...

sooo cute! can't wait to see the finished product. good to see you today--sorry you had to wait for me to get home :(

Sarah Guild said...

You are amazing... we don't have a basement to work in so we've been sneaking work in when it's warm enough to be in the garage. And, it wasn't done for our Christmas on Saturday. But, it's going to be fun when it gets done (prob mid-Jan). Can hardly wait to see yours :+)

Courtney said...

can't wait to see the finished project! cool!!!