Wednesday, December 30, 2009

11

So last night.
It was interesting.
Definitely fun moments, but also some stressful ones.
I wasn't really prepared.
11 seemed to be our number.
As we were driving there, I noticed on a bank sign it was 11 degrees.
Some of you may not even know what that feels like.
Trust me...it's cold. Painfully cold.

Then we had to park what felt like 11 miles from the arena.
The parking was horrible and I didn't know.
The big kids had no hats or mittens.
And here are another random 11 moments....
The number of times I almost fell on the super slippery sidewalk while carrying Ayla and while Lani was holding on to my coat so she wouldn't get lost in the mad rush to the stadium...11.
Number of miles to the stadium from our car...11.

Number of items we had to carry to our seats after getting our free hot dogs and sodas...11.
Number of times/half that Ayla said she had to go potty...11.
Number of times Ayla asked for her green blankie that was on the couch at home...11.

Number of points the Hawkeyes got beat by...11.
Number of miles BACK to the car after the game...11.
Did I mention the temperature?...11.


Number of times Ayla screamed "AYLA GO POOPIE!!!!!"...11.
Weird, huh....especially considering she never actually went poopie when I took her.

With that being said, we did have a fun time.
It was a pretty packed game for the Hawkeyes.
We cheered loud.
And just so you know, Ayla only actually went potty once.
Frustrating.
And she insisted on taking off her boots and socks.
And texting.
Lots of texting.
My cell phone still has alarms going off today.

Next time I will request seats NOT right in the middle of a row.
And we'll bring Paul.
And I'll remember hats and mittens and GREEN BLANKIE.
But we will do it again.
And I did get a "Mom, you're the best mom in the world." a couple times out of Brigg.
So that's good.

Family starts coming today to celebrate the Stewart Christmas.
So we'll have some more distractions.
I'm ready for 2010.
Bring it!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Beckysblog said...

Loved this post...times 11!

Courtney said...

wow.
you scored BIG points with your kids!!! and with me! you are such a great FUN mom!!!

Anonymous said...

we looked for you on sports center!!

sounds like fun.

meg duerksen said...

you rock! way to go ...you are a brave woman!