Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ayla's 2 year appointment

Yes, Ayla turned 2 a month ago. But I forgot about her appointment. So they sent me a letter threatening to kick me out of their practice if I continued with my irresponsible behavior. And of course, I rescheduled for today...when there was no school and I had to bring the other antsy children with me.
My irresponsible side flared up and I seriously considered skipping it, but I was scared of getting kicked out for good. And I love our pediatrician. So we went. And Ayla is 23 pounds. REALLY? Brigg and Lani were both 23 pounds by the time they were 1! She's a peanut. But we do love her.
She got 2 shots and a blood draw to check for anemia and lead. She did great. She was fairly crabby by the time it was all over because is was well past her bedtime. But we made a quick stop by a gym so Brigg could run around and get some of his energy released. He's happy.
Ayla's napping now. She's happy.
Lani and I are playing games and eating brownies and splitting a Coke. We're happy.

I've been waiting all week to prepare this Crescent Chicken recipe, too. Which is super exciting. I found it on Meg's blog. She's kind of a blog celebrity. :)
But I'm lucky enough to have met her in real life... through our mutual love of water and Pam. And she's even better in person. We found out we kind of like lots of the same things....coffee and photography and margaritas and U2 and color. She's fun. I loved her the moment I read her blog the first time and I love her even more now. I'll be thinking about her as we get supper prepared tonight.

Off to finish up a heated game of Operation. Oh joy...

5 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

MMMMM...that recipe looks DEEEELISH! Let me know how it is because I might just have to make it next!

Beckysblog said...

1st - Tess weighs 23 lbs! She's not even 18 months!

2nd - Im totally making that for supper this weekend!

Lisa said...

Yep, I am making that for supper, too. After Becky picks Hadley up for the night... so we can enjoy it and then go sleep.

Beckysblog said...

Oh my gosh, I wish I had checked this earlier...I would totally have come and gotten her!

And you might think I'm kidding, but Im totally not!

Lisa said...

uyk ccc re r
that was Hadley typing..

Actually, Becky I do believe you! If only you lived a little closer!!!