1. We are IN. POD storage is empty. The Landers garage is empty. MY VAN is empty. My parents' basement is empty. Whew. Long weekend.
2. Kids are CRAZY. Running around like insane children. Who are these kids and where did they come from? Not too excited about claiming them the past couple of days.
3. Dog is CRAZY. Running around like an insane animal. Who is this dog and where did she come from? Not too excited about claiming her the past couple of days.
4. We have officially been married 11 years and 1 day. Spent our anniversary emptying the POD. And eating pizza. Topping it off with a couple glasses of wine.
5. WE LOVE OUR NEIGHBORHOOD. Seriously feel like we live in a campground. Maybe you don't like campgrounds. But WE DO. So this is so awesome. Plus, the weather has been UHmazing. So we are loving it.
6. Girls are struggling with the room sharing situation. We are going to keep trying, but we may have to forget our plans of having an office for Paul. Because Lani has to be on a bus EARLY and Ayla wants to talk and play LATE. Any suggestions would be welcome.
7. Did I mention we LOVE our neighborhood? I did? Ok...good. Just wanted to make that point again.
8. Kids start riding the bus in the morning. Picks them up right across the street. At the same time I am usually dragging them out of bed. So it could be interesting.
9. We have an attached garage. Ummmm...super exciting. I'm sure even more exciting when the harsh Iowa winter hits. It's like a new world.
10. Completely different home layout. When the kids arrived the first day they ran around yelling things like "WOW! This kitchen is SMALL." and "WHOA! Brigg's room is SMALL!" But for some reason I feel like we have lots more useful living space. The kitchen has lots less space to clean up. That's awesome, too.
11. And finally...the bad news. We had our local communications place come to install internet. Remember, we are living in a campground here. Lots of trees that we are in love with. BUT, he can't get us a signal. And didn't have high hopes of us getting a good signal from anyone. WHAT?!? This could be bad. I'm going to keep trying, but I'm getting scared.
12. Oh, and we finally got a TV today. TVs are like 100x skinnier than they used to be. Crazy.
I think that's it for now. Who knows when I'll be back. But I'm hoping it's soon. And with good internet news!
AND...I have a 2 day training on Tuesday and Wednesday. I leave at the crack of dawn on Saturday for Colorado. HHHmmmmmm....I wonder when I thought I was going to get these boxes unpacked?