Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, New Week, New Day....

Day one of my new life is going well. :)
But honestly, I don't know how people do it.
Organization, structure, plans, yada yada yada....every. single. day.
It kind of makes me miserable.
Lots done this morning, but no interaction with anyone.
Of course I could gets lots more done if I spoke to nobody and had no fun.
Of course.
So I'm trying to find the balance of it all.
Nurturing relationships and enjoying life without be bogged down and overwhelmed by all that needs to get done in a day.
It's not easy.
But today I have done laundry and worked out and showered and planned dinner and directed Brigg in practicing piano. Kids got to school on time, everyone was dressed and fed with minutes to spare. Cleaned the kitchen light fixtures. (I signed up for fly lady again).
It's fine.
But I prefer sitting and snuggling with Ayla for hours at a time or having coffee with friends, or playinig games with the kids. :)
See...I need to find a balance.
That's my goal this year.
Unfortunately, I think that's been my goal for the last several years....

8 comments:

Beckysblog said...

So when you figure all that out...we will expect you to share the secret.

Sara said...

Right there with ya today. I'm trying to pack away Christmas, clean and organize and Jack is acting out trying to get my attention. I feel guilty and overwhelmed all at the same time.

Anonymous said...

I promise you, your kids & friends will never look back and wish your light fixtures were cleaner or your ornaments were put away (unless it's august) - but will remember, snuggling, coffee and games.

So there! Take that FLY LADY!

Cassie said...

i agree shana. i've always agreed. but i'm starting to feel bad about the condition of my home. and i'm afraid my children will grow to be slobs, too. :)

Courtney said...

and i wish i was more like you....

we just need to live next door and we could keep each other balanced?!?

Amy said...

Can I live next door to you and Courtney, too? :)

Cassie said...

if one of you wants to BUY my house, that would be great. i would move in to one just down the road....
:)

Holly said...

I'm caught up..that's all I'm gonna say cause I had a lot of catching up to do and now it's too late to say anything else ;-(