Monday, January 11, 2010

Be still my spinning head...

I can't stop my head from spinning.
I completed 32 orders of monster cookies today...all the while thinking about my upcoming trip to Sierra Leone. Praying for those going and those we will be meeting.
And then my mind would wander back to selling this house. And I would become frustrated by it all. By the fact that this house isn't selling. But more by the fact that I'm frustrated that it isn't selling. Such a ridiculous thing to be frustrated about when women are burying their children daily in this country I have been praying about for years.
My selfish heart just keeps coming back...rearing its ugly head. And I hate that.
I hate the silly little things that make my head spin on a daily basis.
I am so thankful for this opportunity. I certainly don't think I will be helping Sierra Leone in my short stay there. But without a doubt, I know I will be changed by this country.
I can't wait. Can't wait to do Africa with 7 other amazing women and see how we are changed.
Can't wait. I just hope my heart is ready...

1 comment:

Linda said...

Cassie-I can totally relate to you regarding the house selling vs guilty feelings! I keep getting convicted by the verse about where your heart is, there your treasure is...store up treasure in heaven, etc. My focus has been way too much in the here and now.

God speed on your trip - I'm sure it'll be a life changing opportunity!