Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Birthday

Today was my birthday. :)
School was cancelled early this morning, so the kids and I were stuck inside most of the day.
And honestly, it may have been one of the top 10 most frustrating days as a parent in my parenting career.
I hate that.
I hate when I'm frustrated with them.
Ick.
We did get out tonight and ate a burger and watched the National Championship game.
And I got an awesome necklace from my parents...made by an old highschool friend who is now an amazing jewlery artist. So that was fun!
The kids each painted me a picture and I did love that.
We had our brief moments of laughter, but for the most part I'm just ready for a new day tomorrow.
So thankful for another chance to get it right.
Happy birthday to me! :)

7 comments:

Courtney said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY a day late!!!
i'm sorry it was a frustrating day...His mercies are new every morning! {sounds cliche...but it's so true...praying that you feel it in your heart!}

hotflawedmama said...

Happy Birthday, Cassie!

Sarah Guild said...

Happy b'day! They don't quite have the same sureness of a celebration when the variable of children is added to the mix, do they?

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!

Allison said...

Happy Birthday Cassie!!!! I'm sorry to hear it wasn't the best day of your life BUT there's always next year!

meg duerksen said...

happy birthday cassie!
:)

Tisha said...

Happy belated birthday Cassie!